- MSA operates on a perpetual monthly basis. You are able to continue with your scheduled day and time until you decide you would like to change classes for any reason. MSA does not require you to re-register every session and pay ahead for several months of lessons at that time. We, however, bill on a monthly basis to keep classes and costs consistent.
- Ongoing monthly lessons provide clients with a consistent day and time until they choose to make a change. We don't rearrange our schedule every 3 months which provides a more consistent swim lesson for students and parents.
- Ongoing monthly lessons provide a more affordable option for customers to pay for swim lessons. Convenient monthly lesson payments eliminate the requirement of patrons having to come up with a large sum of money at the beginning of each session.
- Open Enrollment: MSA accepts ongoing enrollment and encourages you to join lessons at ANY time! The month in which you start lessons, you will pay the prorated amount for that month plus any annual fees. MSA accepts cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard and Discover as payment.
- Invoicing takes place on a montly basis. Everyone receives an email on the 20th of the month with a reminder that tuition is coming due. Tuition is then charged using the card on file on the 2nd of the month. For example, November 20th families would receive an e-mail that tuition is due for December. December 2nd, the card on file would be run.
- Since tuition is monthly, class days can vary between 3-5 times per month.
- A class spot is automatically kept for your child while they are enrolled at Madison Swim Academy.
- If you wish to withdraw from the program, you must notify the office by the 19th of the current month to stop billing for the next month. Families that do not notify MSA by the 19th of the month will be responsible for the following month's tuition and will be subject to a $25 charge per MSA's late fee policy.
Payment Types Accepted
- MSA accepts cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard and Discover as payment. Any check returned to MSA for insufficient funds will incur an additional $35 fee.
Automatic Payment Options
- MSA encourages every family to have valid credit card information on file. Families that choose not to place a credit card on file will incur a $5 monthly fee in addition to tuition. Families wishing to participate need to complete an auto-payment authorization form found at the MSA office. Please notify us if your credit card number or expiration date changes. Standard auto pay is on the 20th of each month for the next month's tuition. You will be emailed a statement on the 20th of the month showing your current balance and then your credit card enrolled in auto pay will be charged. A payment receipt will be emailed to you.
- An annual membership fee of $40 per family is due in September. This fee is prorated if registration occurs after September. Families that have paid the annual membership fee may re-join the program at any time throughout the year. Membership fees are non-refundable. The memberhsip fee is used to provide families with progress reports and passports. As a member of MSA, families also receive discounts on other services such as open swim and scheduling birthday parties.
- A discount of $5 per month applies to the 2nd child enrolled, $10 for a 3rd child. Children participating in multiple classes will receive a 20% discount off the 2nd class.
Make Up Classes
- MSA encourages your child to attend every class. However, we understand that due to illness or scheduling conflicts, this is not always possible. Therefore, MSA will allow one scheduled make-up per month.
- Make up classes must be scheduled through the office and are subject to space availability in the classes. Since our scheduling is fluid and ongoing, new students will be given priority in available open classes. If a make-up is unable to be scheduled, an open swim pass can be issued. There are no credits or refunds for missed classes or holidays.
- We cannot prorate for missed classes for enrolled students, however we can prorate for new students at the time of registration.
- If you know that you are going to be absent, please notify the front desk so we can make note of it.
- We would like to say "Thanks!" As a current or past family, if you introduce a new family to MSA, both you and the new family will receive a $25 credit that can be used toward your monthly tuition. *The new family must enroll & complete a month for the referring family to be eligible. Credits do not expire. No cash value.
Bathroom Accidents in the Pool
Bathroom accidents in the pool that require MSA to close are inconvenient for everyone.
- Sickness Policy - Please do not bring your child to lessons if they are ill or just getting over an illness (CDC recommends a 24 hour minimum of being symptom free.) Please be award of your child's behavior and if they seem like they are "coming down" with an illness, please consider rescheduling your lesson to be safe.
- Swim Diaper Policy - It is mandatory to have your child wear a reusable, washable swim diaper for lessons if they are not completely potty trained. In addition to this, please consider putting your cild in a disposable swim diaper first and this reuseable swim diaper on top. Many MSA parents have found this to be a more secure option. These reusable swim diapers can be purchased at the front desk.
Inclement Weather Policy
- MSA follows the Madison and Sun Prairie school districts for inclement weather closings. If the school districts close for a full day, MSA's respective location will close as well. If either school districts have a delayed start, morning lessons at each respective location will be cancelled and a decision regarding afternoon/evening lessons will be made by 2:00pm. If either districts close early, a decision regarding afternoon/evening lessons will also be made by 2:00pm. In the event of inclement weather on a weekend, closures will be at MSA's discretion. Families will be notified via email, and closures will be posted to our website as well as our Facebook. Madison Swim Academy does not offer credits for missed classes due to weather. Instead, a makeup class may be scheduled or a free family swim pass can be given in lieu of a makeup. Please always use your own discretion as to whether you feel comfortable driving in any bad weather conditions.